Accountants are routinely awarded the accolade of ‘trusted advisor’. Yet many accountants, bogged down with compliance work, spend most of their time writing history instead of helping their clients make history. There has been much talk about how accountants should embrace value based, business improvement services so that they can step up and truly embrace their trusted advisor status. Yet little has been written on how to go about doing that in a way that sits firmly within the accountant’s heartland – the numbers.
In this book, Colin Dunn reveals tried and trusted methodologies that all accountants can implement to become the advisor clients cannot do without. You’ll discover:
• How to align your firm with your passion
• How to select only those clients who are right for your firm
• How to use compliance work as a springboard into business improvement services
• How using the right language can transform your client relationships
• How planning sessions are the key to a thriving business improvement service offering
• How the Cloud is transforming the way in which accountants create value for their clients